Thank you for your interest in renting with PCRI. For more information about renting from PCRI, please review PCRI’s Criteria for Residency. More information can also be found on the How to Apply page.
Some information about applying for a PCRI property:
- We fill ALL available units through our Affordable Housing waitlist.
- In order to be added to our Affordable Housing waiting list, a application will need to be completed in full. The completed application must be returned signed by and with a copy of photo ID for each person 18 years of age or older who will reside in the household. In addition we will require a current month of paystubs (if employed, per employer), unearned income award letter (TANF, SSI, UI, etc.), and/or a copy of most recent taxes filed if self-employed. Please complete all areas completely as incomplete applications will NOT be accepted. Please return all information requested as missing documentation will also result in your application NOT being accepted.
- Applications and copies of photo ID may be submitted at any time during office hours, mailed, faxed or emailed and will be added to our waitlist in the order received once all required pre-application materials are complete and received by PCRI.
- In order to remain active on PCRI’s Affordable Housing waitlist, prospective applicants on PCRI’s waitlist are encouraged to update PCRI at any time their contact information changes. Updates can be submitted online at pcrihome.org/waitlist.
- Units are offered on a first-come, first-served basis in the order in which the application is received.
- When a household’s application has reached the top of the waiting list, applicants will be notified and a non-refundable application screening charge of $35.00 per adult (age 18 or older) will be required. Additional details are included in PCRI’s Criteria for Residency.
- Screening fees must be paid with a money order or cashier’s check (cash, personal checks and credit cards are NOT accepted)
- Income restrictions/requirements apply. Household must make a minimum of 1.5x rent (or hold qualifying rental assistance voucher) and cannot exceed the affordable limit of 60% AMI for the City of Portland. Additional details are included in PCRI’s Criteria for Residency.
- Acceptance to waitlist does not guarantee possession of unit. Please see Criteria for Residency for additional information on waitlist procedures, screening criteria, and general requirements.
You may also request an application by calling our office at 503-288-2923
or visiting us at 6329 NE Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd.
Our office hours are Monday-Friday from 8:30am – 5:00pm