Homeownership Retention and Repair Program
PCRI’s homeownership retention/home repair program objective is to foster homeownership stability for low- and moderate-income homeowners, aged 55 and older, living within the City of Portland. This program is designed to prevent community displacement and assist elders with aging in place.
The Homeownership Retention program provides a variety of programs and services to help existing homeowners retain their homes and remain in their familiar community. Services include:
- Financial assistance for urgent minor home repairs
- Advocacy regarding property tax issues, home insurance concerns, code violations, etc.
- Connections to community partners with volunteer and community repair and assistance programs
- Referrals as well as advocacy and support energy-efficiency improvements and working with contractors for home repairs
- Informational home preservation workshops including post-purchase education and counseling
- Foreclosure prevention referrals
- Rental housing and referrals
For more information, contact Lisa Williams by email or at 503-288-2923 x133